Monday, July 23, 2012

Healthy Doesn't Mean Cardboard

I don't know why people automatically assume that healthy is a synonym for tasteless.
Obviously this is all awful tasting...


I suppose it's because most "health food" companies also own junk food companies and guess which one is cheaper to make. A lot of the stuff that gets touted as healthy is made with little care as to how it tastes because trying to be healthy AND tasty would be costly. Companies are more than happy for you to hate health food so you can go back to eating the cheap garbage they put on the shelves.


Mmmm...tastes like heart-attacks.


Well, I'm here to tell you that healthy can be friggin delicious. If you're in doubt, I'll understand. I was there once. I shuddered at the thought of wheat bread. I gagged at the idea of drinking nothing but water. I imagined myself chewing endlessly on dry chicken breast that had lost all flavor. Fortunately, through MUCH patience, my husband dragged me kicking and screaming into eating better. Now I love it.

I mentioned earlier that I believe in the importance of brownies and I stand by that. I will never tell anyone to just cut out all sweets ever, that would be over dramatic and self sabatoging. but I think there's some middle ground between "EAT NO SUGAR!!!" and "EAT ALL OF THE THINGS!" Moderation, it works.

All that said, I'll be posting a few good healthy recipes here that I use. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment